Simple Lavender Orange Soap




This is my first HP- Hot Process soap! 
This method is bit more difficult than cold process, however the biggest advantage is that you can use the soap right away and the scnet is much more intense.
On the other hand, this is the ugliest soap I have ever made 😀

I used double boiler for this soap, so you don´t have to buy a crockpot, if you don´t have one.You just need two pots, one larger than the other so that the smaller will fit inside the larger with some space at the bottom and at the sides for the smaller pot.

Here is the recipe and photoshoot:




!Safety
Gloves, goggles, long sleeves, ventilated area. When splashing lye water or fresh soap on skin rinse the area with tapped water for 15 min.


  • Weight all the ingredients
  • Slowly add sodium hydroxide to the water and stir till it all dissolves, let it cool to 35 ℃
  • Melt lard and butter, add remaining oils- you don´t have to wait so long till it cools down, when you are doing it this way, this time I worked with temperature around 38℃
  • Put the pot with oils into a pot with water and start to heat
  • Add lye water to oils, stir and stick blend to trace

With trace ends the cold process, now I would add some essential oils or other ingredients and pour into mould. But we continue with cooking. 
  • Cover the soap and stir every 10-15 min, rather don´t leave the soap when you are not experienced and check it all the time while cooking, cook on low
When is the soap cooked? Well, I made already some other hot process soap, since I wrote this post, so I would say it´s quite different, it can take less than hour, but also few hours 😰
  • When the soap looks kind of like vaseline, mashed potatoes, add essential oils, stir properly and it´s done




  • Fill in mould and unmould next day

I´ve used this individual cavity mould, which is not very practical, now I´m using only big mould and cut the soap.

The soap smells amazing and it´s amazing, I don´t have the words to describe it, but it´s just somehow different from cold process 😁

Which process do you prefer?

0 komentárov:

Zverejnenie komentára