Natural Creamy Sage Deodorant



Beautiful Friday to everyone!
I hope your spring weather is at least that beautiful as mine 😊
 
Today´s post is about natural deodorants, so except a recipe, I will share my own experience with switching from commercial deodorant to natural one. 

But let´s start from the beginning 😊

Sweating is natural process of our body, when the body is cooling down and through which it releases its toxins. When using antiperspirant, which promises fresh armpits for many hours and long anti-sweating effect, we just simply clog the pores and stop breathing of the skin, which can cause other problems. 

Did you know that aluminium in deodorants and antiperspirants can cause cancer or Alzheimer´s disease? And there are more such "goodnesses" in these products.  

Parabens, which are used as preservatives, disturb the body’s hormonal balance and are also linked with breast cancer.   
Personally, also the synthetic fragrances bother me. I don´t use them in my soaps neither, but still I think is not that bad as using them directly on skin and let them absorb.

How to switch from usual-commercial to natural deodorant?

If you red my article about natural toothpaste, I will repeat myself. You have to get use to natural products. Me personally, it took me almost half year to finally use only natural deodorant. I repeatedly fell for the commercial one. I didn´t feel confident enough and I was really afraid that somebody can smell me and my face will just turn red from shame that I didn´t use proper deo. 

However if you do your own some kind of "ritual", you can get use to it quit fast and I think you and your body will be happy-satisfied soon. 
The recipe below is made on oily base, it doesn´t contain any preservative. I also don´t use baking soda, because it´s slightly irritating, especially when fresh shaved.  

Disadvantage of this deodorant is that it can leave marks on clothes. Use only small amount- size of pea, smooth it in the armpits and leave free without clothes for 10 minutes. With this you prevent staining the clothes. It absorbs really fast. 

First few days of using natural deodorant can be ok, but few next can be bit tricky. The body starts detoxification and you can feel that maybe you are sweating more or it stinks more. It´s phase which you just have to get through, the years of using chemicals on our bodies had to reflect somehow.  

But let´s go to the recipe now:



Process:
  • Disinfect all the tools and jars you are using- boiling in water or with at least 60% alcohol
  • Weight coconut oil and shea butter and melt them
  • Weight zinc oxide and clay and slowly mix in the melted oils
  • In the end add the essential oilsand mix it well
  • Let set and mix again- I´m using very cheap milk frother with removed spiral, it´s very useful when doing small amounts of product
This recipe is for 50ml of deodorant. 

Why this combination of essential oils? 

Sage essential oil is antiseptic- diffuses microorganisms on wounds and on the skin, it´s anti-inflammatory to anti-bacterial.
Niaouli is bactericidal and antiseptic and the lemon balm I choosed mostly for it´s smell (even it has many great properties). You can choose any essential oil you like, it´s only on you. I usually do small amounts of products, so I can easily make new one when I don´t like the fragrance any more, or it just doesn´t suite me.

If you are the unlucky one and you are sweating a lot, it´s very important to solve this "problem" from the inside. Any deodorant, even the natural one can´t remove the body odor. We are, what we eat- it´s big truth. Drinking sage tea and eating more healthy can help you reduce sweating.

I know that put all the informations about deodorants in one post is not possible, but hopefully I helped you a bit at least and you will try this easy, but effective recipe 😊

Have a nice weekend!

0 komentárov:

Zverejnenie komentára